"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Friday, September 28, 2012

ME time.

Yowzers, life is busy. I used to try to envision what life would be like once all five boys were in school. Though I'm not the lounging, bon bon type, I pictured myself getting caught up on all my little projects, in between the time I'd spend baking, decorating, painting, and writing.  Id put my feet up every now and then and get lost in a book, with a piping hot cup of tea by my side.

What the hell happened?  Granted, all 5 boys aren't in school full time, but I do have exactly four hours per week where I'm the ONLY.  ONE.  HOME.

Here's the part where I need therapy.  Those precious 240 minutes are spent cleaning, folding, organizing, running (think errands, NOT treadmill), doing, volunteering, and partaking in many other ing's.

Funny thing is, I'm having a blast!  Who knew it would be so much fun to grocery shop alone, run in and out of stores alone, fold laundry (music blaring) alone, and scrub the kitchen floor when there are no little feet eager to traipse through your mop trail?

Life is good.  Damn good.

The crisp autumn air is the cherry that sits atop this blissful life of mine.  (Have you any idea how much I adore the declining temperatures?)  Bye bye shorts and flip flops.  Hello jeans and tall boots...I've been waiting (very impatiently) for you.

In other news, when I'm not folding, cooking, cleaning, and/or running (again, no treadmill), I can be found volunteering at the boys' school.  I think I may start sleeping there.  It'd be much easier than this back and forth gig.  Last week, the boys had field day and the two littles and I went to cheer them on. 

Here's a snippet-


 
 
 

Happy Friday!

1 comment: