"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Snippets.

Call me crazy, but wasn't Halloween last week? 

I can't believe how fast life is moving.  December may be IS one of my most favorite months of the year.  The smells, the baking, the music, the spirit and the magic, hot chocolate by the fire, the lights, warm slippers and cozy blankets, memories in the making. 

Please, December, I beg of you....s  l  o  w    d  o  w  n.

We traveled to San Francisco for Thanksgiving this year.  17 people under one roof for 5 nights and no one even moved into a hotel.  There were threats (believe me, there were), but we stuck it out and lived happily and closely with one another.  We had an amazing time.

Many thanks to Dec and Lorie for putting up with us.  They were gracious hosts and made us feel as though we were staying in a 5 star resort.  Declan even risked his life frying a turkey for us. 


Yes, that IS a sandbox lid resting atop the ladder. Knowing that water and hot oil do not mix, Dec took the proper precautions to deflect the rain.  Protecting his loved ones in case of an accidental explosion was his top priority. We always feel safe when he's around. 

The boys miss their cousins, and are still adjusting to the withdrawal they are feeling without them.  It's especially hard to be without the family princess, Miss Madyson.


Goodbye, California.  Until next time.

In other news, and speaking of snippets, this kid has a new look...

Let me know what you think.

My house feels warm and inviting and smells of pine.  My two favorite things to look at are this-

                                                                        My mantel
And this-


The tiny tree that sits in the corner of our family room, and proudly displays all the ornaments my little men have created over the years.  It's the best thing in my house.  Seriously.

As a side note, I am starting a new holiday contest.  I am sending a prize to the person/family who sends us the first Christmas card.  The only rule is, it must come through the mail....I like to keep things old fashioned. Better hustle.  I'm anxiously awaiting.

And one more thing.  I want another puppy.  And I'm not up for hearing crap about it from my husband, my Mom, My Dad, my brother, or anyone else who is opposed to my animal addiction.

There.  I said it.  It's no longer a secret.

I haven't felt this free in years.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Such a great post!
    I loved the dec one!!! Always protecting us..... Tee hee! Love you dec!
    And oh my do I love the handsome little mans hair cut! Looks great!
    We mss you guys too and can't wait to see you!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete