"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Life on the prairie can be cruel.

Labor Day weekend was this wannabe-farmgirl's dream come true.

Horse rides...
after horse rides...
 
after horse rides...
after horse rides.

 
Throw in a few tractor rides,


and some campfires,


and you've got yerself one heck of a good time!

Just when things couldn't seem more perfect, this little lady got the bright idea to learn how to gallop off into the sunset.

The first go-round went smooth as can be. The second? Well, not so much. Starlight, the three year old mare (who was sweet as pie to my boys, thank goodness), decided she had had enough of me. She reared once, she reared twice, and the third time she successfully threw me towards the moon.

Ouch.

No, seriously....OUCH.

I landed square on my my right hip, which inevitably, landed me here-


I'm bruised and banged up, and I've got a backside that could rival Kim Kardashian.

(beauty is not pain-free.)

To Starlight, the spirited mare-

throw me once, shame on you.

Throw me twice.....well, that just isn't going to happen.

Prepare yourself, girl.  You and I have only just begun.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Kim has nothing on your right bum. A painful version of Booty Pop. I have no doubt you'll be back on Starlight asap.

    ReplyDelete