"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday woes.

Little Wes, pretending to make it snow (thanks to shredded paper towels) in his city. 
I'm not the only one who's ready for a change.

Today I'm feeling gloomy. There's not a cloud in the sky, and the outside temperature will reach a toasty 91 degrees today. Sounds dreamy, right? 

Yuck.

This girl is longing for flannels and jeans, sweaters and leggings, scarves and snow. Lots and LOTS of snow.

Browsing through old pictures and stumbling upon these just adds fuel to the fire-
 
 

As the Denver forecast isn't going to change much over the next 10 days, I'll continue to live vicariously through these pictures-
(which I borrowed from one of my favorite etsy stores, Grace and Lace)

 
 
 
(I'm pretty sure that the model in the picture above is my very own Aunt Sheila.  She's lucky enough to live in foggy San Francisco, and dress like this 365 days a year.  Like me, she's a leggings and boots type of girl who wears
 a coordinating scarf with every outfit.  I'd duplicate her wardrobe in a heartbeat)
 
If you're not drooling over these legwarmers right now, you and I may as well part ways.  Just looking at them may help to pull me out of these warm weather blues.  I don't own any, but if I did, I'd take one in every color.
 
Check out the link above and browse their etsy site.  You'll be swooning in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment