"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bye bye, susan.

Do you have a lazy susan?

No, I am not referring to that weird aunt of yours, but rather the disturbing cabinet that sits (very lazily) in the corner of your kitchen.

You know the one.
 
Do you love your susan, or are you tired of her being, you know, LAZY?
 
 
If your susan is anything like my susan, she's dirty, stained, doesn't shut properly, and has the storage capability similar to a shoebox.  Though I think a shoebox could hold more.
 
 
Last week, my susan took her last breath.  I was trying (ever so gently) to organize her unkempt shelves.  I strategically placed my baking pans (and other misc. tools) on susans' two shelves.  I closed the door, which popped back open, like it always does.  As I tried to 'fix' the door, a rolling pin got wedged, and susan became even more defiant than ever before.
 
 
I ran to the garage (mummbling a few bad words on the way), grabbed a handful of tools, and did what should have been years ago.  I ripped susan out (not so gently).
 
 
In the process, I found a lot of dust, and a Dorito chip that just may be 10 or more years old.
 
 
No more susan.
 
I loaded my new storage space (no longer referred to a susan) with my baking pans, cookie sheets, and pie plates.
 
 
It looked a little bare, so I hung cup hooks and added my rolling pin, pot holders, and even hubby's BBQ tools to the new area.  But THEN I got the bestest idea ever!
(Yes, I'm perfectly aware that bestest isn't a true word.  However, it remains one of my favorites.)
 
 
I lined that sucker with a swank pattern of contact paper.  Oh happy day!
 
 
For a finishing touch, I painted the edge of the bottom corner using a black Sharpie paint pen.
 
 
Isn't it wonderful!  It's super functional, and amazingly adorable all at the same time.
 
That'll teach susan.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment