"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Monday, January 24, 2011

Time will tell...

Has it really been two weeks since I've had the time to collect and review my thoughts? 

It has.

As always, my brain is so full of things I'd like to share, it makes my fingers freeze with fear.

Should I write about my insatiable spring fever and how I long for fresh new colors on the walls within this home?  Have you seen the 'farm palette' from Benjamin Moore?  If I am ever lucky enough to be surrounded by walls like those, I'd forever be in an apron, whipping up apple pie and hollerin' at the boys to bring mama more eggs from the coop.  Someday, someday.

Maybe I should tell you about the 'little things' that have happened since our last talk.....

-Like the boy who was playing hide and seek and got stuck inside our entertainment unit.  Instead of asking me to rescue him, his 4 brothers kindly brought him a pillow so he'd be comfortable during his captivity.  I think they were disappointed when he was finally set free. 

-Or how about the boy who shoved both sides of his cute little nose full of chocolate chips?  I approached him ever so slowly as to not make him panic.  Just as I got within arms reach, he did the inevitable and sniffed.  Now the 20+ chocolate chips were jam-packed.  I carefully plucked the few that I could and prepared the entire brood for a field trip to the ER.  But wait a minute.....we all know what happens to chocolate when it gets warm.  What am I panicking for?  This isn't like the boy who stuck Lego's up his nose.  That was an emergency.  Surely the chocolate will melt, right?  15 minutes (and a lot of crying) later, the boy's nose was running a chocolate waterfall that would have made Willy Wonka jealous.

His brothers just stared with envy.  And then one chimed in-

"Now those are boogies you can eat!"

5 comments:

  1. Oh Amy! I just read this out loud to my hubby and we both got a good laugh at your expense. Life is never dull for you, is it? I've read your blog before and have gotten a kick out of it. I especially loved your slipper post a few weeks ago. You are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Your stories and posts are so funny - You should write a book! So, who had the edible boogies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids can be summed up with three words: Sharpies, Noses, and Cramming. Can't wait until you post that one of them crammed a sharpie up his nose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny!! I work in an ENT office. Kids love putting things up their nose and in their ears but they scream when it has to be removed. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY NICE BLOG! I will pass this on to my Ballerina daughter with 3 boys ages 5-9. She has some great stories. 5 yr. old OZ broke his leg, May 25, at his 5th birthday celebration at a trampoline facility and is now in a wheel chair until repaired. YIKES!

    Marty Miller

    ReplyDelete