"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Friday, October 8, 2010

I could...

Today I could write about how I showered with a spider early Monday morning.


OR...

I could write about how another spider crawled out of my child's math book that same day.

OR...

I could write about how I found my long-lost silk belt tied to a tree in the back yard.

OR...

I could write about my crusade to ban 'Nerds' candy from the U.S.A.

OR...

I could write about how I so desperately wanted to take my oldest son to the mother/son masquerade ball and he refused to go with me...due to the way I dance.

OR...

I could write about how I got *tricked into hosting a Halloween party for my children and their friends....and even their classmates. (*as in invitations were even sent unbeknownst to me)

OR...

I could write about I just got my grades for this term and I received my first B...and how that makes me feel like a failure.

OR...

I could write about how I am desperately trying to convince my husband to allow me to start the application process for foster care. (No, I am not fostering my children, but I would LOVE to foster those babies who need ME)

OR...

I could write about how excited I am that my kids are on fall break for two whole weeks!

BUT I'M NOT.

I'm not going to write about spiders in the shower, spiders inside of math books, silk belts tied to trees, Nerds candy everywhere I look, my horrificly embarassing dancing skills, the Halloween party that my son successfully pulled off, my failing grade in school, my dream to foster, or how my kids will be in their jammies for the next 16 days.

I CAN'T.

Because for the last two days, I can't get my mind off of these-

These perfect little feet.

I am overwhlemed with love, and humbled by the miracle of another beautiful nephew for me.

That's right. You heard me.  For ME.  He's mine.  All MINE.

Zachary Paul Madden,

I can't wait to snuggle you and whisper secrets into your tiny ears. I am dreaming about the first time I get to kiss your little toes. No one will ever spoil you rotten like your Auntie Amy will. (Just ask your brothers.) Everything you could ever want is waiting for you right here in Colorado.

Please don't get confused by the many other women that will hold you over the next few weeks. Their arms may be warm and cozy, but they have nothing on me, little Zach. As soon as you and I meet, you will never want to leave me. Be a good boy (as I know you will) and I will see you in 5 weeks.


Thanksgiving this year has a whole new meaning just because of YOU.


Stay tiny.


Love,


Aunt Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment