"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Break Week 2



Our entire state seems to be ablaze. I took this picture from our upstairs window, just as the sun began to set. Proof that beauty can be found everywhere; even in tragedy.

On a lighter, and much bigger note, take a look at the ginormous egg we got from our backyard hens this week-


Have you ever seen anything like it?  It was "a double" as the boys call it (a double yolk).  Just like my children, my chickens are also gifted.  No surprises there.

Week two of summer break is coming to a close, and I continue to clean constantly.  My house is strewn with wet swimsuits, stray underwear, lone socks (always inside out and curiously wet), soaked towels, bubble wands, kite string, and crumbs from children snacking on the CONSTANT go.

Taken from my mom, I've always tried to maintain a house that could welcome unexpected guests.  Needless to say, the hurricane of boys in and out of my home has weathered me.

However, last night I came across a quote that just may save my sanity -

"Cleaning your house while your children are home is the equivalent to brushing your teeth while eating Oreos."

This is the testimony I so desperately needed to hear.  I have been reborn.


No comments:

Post a Comment