"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tale of two fairies.

Since 2001, I've been

changing,

and changing,

and changing the diapers of my babes.

It's been 10 years, and I'm ready to give them (the diapers, not my babes) the boot.

The only problem lies with a certain karaoke-singing 3 year old....pictured below.



This boy is as independent as they come.  I'm pretty sure, if given the chance, he could whip up a mean fried egg, pick up his brothers from the bus stop, gas up my car, or do a load of laundry from start to finish.

His vocabulary could leave some adults feeling inept.

He's 3....going on 30.

And he likes his diapers.

Over the past few weeks, the pep talks have been powerful....but not persuasive.

"I'll do it when I turn 5, mom.  I'm just not ready yet." he says.

Enter the Diaper Fairy.

I'm pretty sure she's the Tooth Fairy's sister.  And today, I called her on the phone.  Lucky for me, she was able to fit us into her tight schedule.  She's coming tonight to rid our house of diapers, once and for all.

Tomorrow will be a new day.

Thanks, Diaper Fairy.  I owe you one.

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome and hilarious solution. Leave it to you! So... did it work??? My second daughter was a PILL to potty train. She was about 3 3/4 when she was MOSTLY out of diapers - she'd have "accidents" that weren't accidents at all. One day she was doing a puzzle (when she was 4) and I came in and saw something dripping from her chair to the floor below. I screamed, "ADDIE!!!" and she told me she was too "into her puzzle" to go potty. So I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete