"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Perfect Saturday

I normally don't blog on the weekends, but I can't help but scream with excitement when I think about where I get to go today.

As soon as the hubby gets back from his morning run (I'm pacing at the front window watching for him), I'm going here-



The Elizabeth Country Corner to pick up my last two baby chicks.  It's not so much the chicks that excite me, but driving away from suburbia, and entering a land, that to me, is magical.  Leaving streets named Broadway, and trading them for roads named County Rd. 86, refreshes my soul. 

There aren't too many people who understand my burning desire to to make a break for the country.  I think of looking out my kitchen window and being able to see the snow-topped points of Pikes Peak.  I envision a barn, a front porch, a long driveway, trees with tire swings, and 5 boys - who each day discover something they didn't notice the day before. 

Almost every morning, I check the real estate ads to see which houses are up for grabs in my dream land.  Here's what I found this morning.

I imagine driving up this long driveway to our home.  I imagine loud boys and farm animals alike.  I imagine lots of exploring, learning, and wondering.

I imagine our home with Christmas lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment