"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Thursday, September 30, 2010

While I'm Comparing....

Since I'm so obsessed with comparing lately, I may as well throw my kids into the mix. 

No harm intended, regardless of how they stack up.  I wouldn't trade them for anything (most days), I just need some answers regarding their recent behavior.

Welcome to...

"Have you ever?"

As in...Have you ever been missing a child (only for a few seconds, of course) and followed a trail of chocolate chip muffin that led you through the kitchen, into the playroom, around the piano, and eventually, to the back door?  When you opened the back door, did you find the muffin man quenching his thirst in the dog bowl?


I promise I give my kids drinks ALL DAY LONG.  In fact, they ask for them every 19 minutes.  Seriously, what does a dog bowl provide, that a regular cup cannot? 

All I can think of is germs, germs, germs!

Do your kids (or did your kids) ever drink out of a dog bowl?  Enlighten me, I'm waiting.

(*Tomorrows have you ever post will include the infamous bathroom towel rack.)

No comments:

Post a Comment