"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Refreshed

Last Saturday night, I was lucky enough to get the chance to go out to eat with my darling hubby.  We went to an amazing Italian restaurant that had the most gigantic gluten free menu I've ever laid eyes on.  When I think of Italian food, I think of the two times I've eaten at North Beach in San Francisco. 

Talk about amazing food. 

I've been GF for almost 5 years now and have never had a true Italian meal since.  All of that changed on Saturday.  As soon as we were seated, and before we were even handed a menu, the waitress asked us if we would like "regular bread, or gluten free?"

I almost fell out of my chair.  GF bread with oil and vinegar?  No longer do I have to salivate as my husband devours an entire loaf of bread, dipping each warm bite until it's dripping with olive oil. On Saturday night I was given my own loaf.  The rest of the meal was much too fabulous to describe, as I am currently starving.  To my beloved North Beach in San Francisco, you have met your match.

As if the above didn't make me lucky enough, I also got the chance to escape for a few hours on Monday with my BFF.  We went out for 'drinks', but talked so much that we never made it past one beverage.  Next time, we need to take a vow of silence until the first drink has been consumed.  We are blindly robbing ourselves.

Lucy always gives the most thoughtful advice, insight, and gifts.  Lately, I've been spending the spare minutes that fall in between chasing, dressing, bathing, changing, scolding, feeding & loving 5 boys to read this (just one of my birthday gifts from Luc)-

It's a magazine that I'm sure was published solely for me.  From cowboy purses to sexy tractors, this is MY kind of mag.  (if you'd like to get me a subscription, please....feel free.)
My two favorite pages are this-

And this-

And that is how my week is going.  Lots of snow cone making, lots of playing, lots of preparing for a new term to begin at school, but never, not even for a second, forgetting about my farm.

I know I'll have it one day, and I intend on arriving prepared.

PS-I'm feeling refreshed, can you tell?

LOVE,

No comments:

Post a Comment